To get the most out of this website, please enable cookies.
A cookie is a small text file, on your computer, that we can use to store any configurations specific to you.
Please note: if you choose not to enable cookies we will have to show you this message on every page.
The meeting will take place on Monday 23 January 2012 at Devizes Sports Club and members of the public attending the meeting, will decide whether these initiatives should be supported.
The Area Board starts at the earlier time of 6.30pm with light refreshments available from 6pm and everyone is welcome to attend. The groups presenting will be:
- Devizes Junior Netball Club will be requesting funding to help set up an academy for talented players between the ages of 12 and 16.
- Rowde Youth Club would like funding for tuition from a qualified wrestling instructor.
- Southbroom School will be bidding for funds to develop a wildlife play area.
- Young people in Pottern would like funding to get mixing equipment and have lessons on how to DJ, mix, MC and rap.
- Cheverall Magna would like to set up a tennis table in the park outside The Pavillion.
- Devizes School would like to develop the conservation area of the school.
Devizes Area Board chairman Cllr Laura Mayes said:
The Devizes Area Board will be an exciting opportunity for young people to showcase their ideas. We hope people will come to the area board and help support their local group to show the importance for youth facilities in their communities.
Other agenda items will include an update on proposals for a BMX and Skate Park in Devizes, progress on the future of St Mary's Church building. Grant applications have also been received by Devizes Lions and Erlestoke and Coulston Cricket Club.
More details about the Devizes Area Board can be found on the Wiltshire Council website or by contacting Richard Rogers, Community Area Manager on 01380 734710 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org