To get the most out of this website, please enable cookies.
A cookie is a small text file, on your computer, that we can use to store any configurations specific to you.
Please note: if you choose not to enable cookies we will have to show you this message on every page.
Peter Comler was delighted to win in a hard-fought by-election for Cricklade Town Council.
Peter is concerned that the LibDems have been failing our town.
In the last 18 months since the election of your LibDem Wiltshire Councillor, there has been a significant lack of progress and deterioration of services in many areas, some of which are listed below:
1. Increased HGV traffic through the town as a result of ten planning applications submitted for Chelworth Industrial Estate.
2. Failure of your Wiltshire Councillor to turn up to Planning Committee meetings at Chippenham.
3. Planning enforcement issues not being progressed.
4. Latton weight limit implementation stalled.
5. No enforcement of 20 mph speed limits.
6. Strategic developments i.e. Leisure Centre refurbishment, renovation of the Police Station and 45 plus unit extra care facility have faltered.
7. Pot holes/sunken drain covers/utility company iron work being unsatisfactory and are not being addressed.
8. Increase in dog fouling, lack of bins and no enforcement.
9. Major restoration issues regarding gravel extraction activity which affects Marston Meysey.
10. Grass cutting, weed control not being maintained.
Residents will recall that in last year’s election the LibDems declared that ‘Bob gets things done’. In the eighteen months since the election, not much seems to have progressed. ALL we get are excuse
Now that I am elected I will strive hard to rectify some of thes wrongs to make Cricklade a better place to live and work.