To get the most out of this website, please enable cookies.
A cookie is a small text file, on your computer, that we can use to store any configurations specific to you.
Please note: if you choose not to enable cookies we will have to show you this message on every page.
To help voters be confident that they are voting for a police and crime commissioner (PCC) who will prioritise support for victims of crime, Victim Support has created five pledges that are designed to ensure that victims come first.
Angus Macpherson was delighted to sign up to the:
- Be open and accountable to victims and witnesses, seeking out and acting on their views.
- Ensure that victims and witnesses get the high quality help and support they need, when they need it.
- Make the police more victim-focused and more effective at their needs.
- Give victims and witnesses an effective voice in the wider criminal justice system.
- Constantly work to develop new ways of delivering justice for victims.
We think these five simple pledges, put into practice by elected PCCs, will help safeguard and improve help for everyone affected by crime.